Saturday, 12 November 2011

Wild Ringer


The Wild Ringer - Combe Christmas Special

I've been a bellringer for many a year,
And I've spent all my money on peal fees and beer.
Now I'm returning, towers grabbed in great store,
And I promise to be a bellringer no more.

And its no nay never
No nay never no more
Will I be a bellringer
No never no more

I rang for a wedding at our local church,
Where the poor old bride she got left in the lurch.
I said to her luv, I know just how you feel,
I felt the same way when I lost my first peal.

And its no nay never...

When we ring Stedman it's such a surprise,
That Lesley can hardly believe her eyes.
Really we don't know what place we are in,
We're just looking for gaps and then filling them in.

And its no nay never...

We often ring touches of April Day Bob,
And Terry the Taxi is given the job,
Of calling a bob when he makes second's place,
And we know it's come round by the look on Bod's face.

And its no nay never...

Now Phil's peals number a hundred or more,
And his quarters so many he's lost track of the score.
He often thinks back to his Welsh College days,
When all life seemed bathed in a warm summer haze.

And its no nay never
No nay never no more
Will I be a bellringer
No never no more



The original WC version was reprinted in the Crewkerne Branch Newsletter (Nov 2011). Terry the Taxi and Bod also feature in the last three editions of the Newsletter here.

No comments: